The eCommerce Purchase Journey - Part 2
0 min read
Last week, in Part 1, we discussed what it took to win the micro-moments with your customers. This week we’ll dive further into this, as well as look into the eCommerce purchase journey.
When mobile users are searching in the moment, they rely heavily on reviews. In a recent study, more than half of millennials surveyed said they check product reviews on their mobile devices while shopping in store. 
One thing a retailer can start to focus their digital marketing efforts on is mobile video. "We're in a world today where people are on 24/7. They have more choices when it comes to what they look at and when they look at it," says Alison Lewis, CMO at Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies. In 2015, the company’s Clean & Clear brand developed more than 100 videos for its YouTube channel, many of which answer specific product questions. "It's the content that consumers are already coming to you for," says Kacey Dreby, group brand director at Clean & Clear. When viewers watch these videos, they head further and further down the marketing funnel and closer to the point of purchase. With that said, across more than 800 campaigns studied by Google Trends, 65% of campaigns see a significant lift in brand interest after viewers watch their videos on YouTube.
Winning I-Want-to-Buy Moments
Whether your shoppers are on the subway or in a grocery store, they are using mobile devices to assist them in the buying process. Here are five ways retailers can win these micro-moments:
1. Identify your shoppers' I-want-to-buy moments. Reach out to them -- in your physical stores, through online surveys, forums, or social media discussions -- to figure out when and how they're researching and making purchase decisions.
2. Be there during these moments of need. Develop a comprehensive strategy that works holistically across channels such as search, video, social, and display.
3. Deliver relevant messaging. Simply being there isn't enough. Look at how people are searching -- the questions they ask, the terms they use -- and target ads and content that provide helpful answers.
4. Make it easy for them to make a purchase. The step from research to purchase should seamless. Give the consumer more than one way to buy.
5. Measure every moment. The mobile path to purchase is now fragmented. As a result, advertisers need to measure results online, across devices, in apps, and even in physical stores.
"Develop a comprehensive strategy that works holistically across all channels." Tweet this!
"65% of campaigns see a significant lift in brand interest after viewers watch their videos on YouTube." Tweet this!
"We're in a world today where people are on 24/7. They have more choices when it comes to what they look at and when they look at it." Tweet this!
For more on eCommerce solutions, contact us or see: I-Want-to-Buy eCommerce Moments